Surviving lockdown may be a marathon, not a sprint.
Here are a list of some suggestions of things you might consider for the days or weeks ahead.
Taking care of your mental health.
- Meditation: mindfulness
- Practice gratitude
- Keep a daily or weekly journal
- Listen to music
- Listen to a podcast
- Limit your daily news intake
- Read a book
- Write a book
- Do some gardening
- Do some spring cleaning
- Speak to friends and family
- Get some proper sleep
Taking care of your physical health.
- Practice yoga
- Daily Pilates
- Do some home exercises
- Eat healthy meals
- Keep healthy snacks in stock
- Drink plenty of water
Taking care of the baby.
- Take a pregnancy multivitamin
- Talk to baby and engage with them.
- Take progress pictures to document your changing body.
- Read a pregnancy book or blog and keep yourself knowledgeable about what to expect at each stage
- Keep your antenatal appointments and maternity notes organised and a list of your appointments in the diary. Currently, all antenatal appointments are still part of essential healthcare and so unless we hear otherwise, be organised and prepared to attend.